I finally made something!!!! Remember how I used to make lots of things? It is a distant memory at this point, but I did do something!
I cut up the back piece into the biggest rectangle I could make and then cut it in half lengthwise. Then each was cut up into 3.5" strips and sewn together to make the columns. The sashing and backing was from a white sheet that we don't use anymore. The sashing was also 3.5". I machine quilted it with a walking foot-just a simple stitch in the ditch. For the binding, I pieced together different lengths of 3.5" width shirt fabric. If you cut up the very top of the back, right underneath the collar, the fabric is doubled, so you only have to cut once to get 2 pieces.
Pretty simple, but with lots of significance for me and it was nice that it didn't cost anything :). I can't wait to use it when he gets here!
Patriotic Banner Painting for Preschoolers
19 hours ago