Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hairpin Lace Afghan

I'm in love with Hairpin lace now. On Ravelry I saw a few things that looked so cool and I had never heard of it before, so I did some research, got me a loom (mine was $5 at a craft store) and started off.
There are lots of ways to make your own loom too but I was lazy. Someday Tyson is going to make me an AWESOME one out of wood with some designs in it...someday.

This is the first and only thing I have made so far. It's a baby blanket for my SIL's new baby girl.




I would do a tutorial but there are much better ones out there than I could do Like the one here I used.



I really messed upon the first blanket. I read the directions to connect them wrong and so it ended being completely diagonal. So I started over. Luckily these are easy to do and they work up quickly


The end result with fringes. I could have crocheted a border but I decided this was easier.


I really loved doing this and I can't wait to do more. I want to do some bookmarks too. Those are really pretty.

6 comments:

Elaine Brown Billings said...

It turned out so good!

coryshay said...

Wow this turned out so pretty! Nice job! Good thing there's someone in the family that is keeping up with craftiness! P.S. are you on pinterest? You would die! I have found so many more food and otherwise crafts there in the last week that are so darling!

Lisa Hathaway said...

Wow - so pretty! (Ha! I just realized Shayla said the same thing!) Now I triply wish I was seeing you this week so you could show me this in person! (I already doubled my wishes earlier when I was chatting with Celeste ... how much are we betting it will happen lots more before the week's over? We'll miss you!)

Amanda Miller said...

Chels-You are amazing! How do you have two babies and do all this! I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

Natchel said...

Wow. You are seriously amazing. I wish I could do HALF the things you can do!!

Murlene Brown Watkins said...

I used to do hairpin lace, too! Have you ever looked at broomstick lace? That was kind of fun, except you had to carry this big dowel around with you wherever you wanted to work on it. It was pretty though!